Are you planning to buy a new nonstick cookware set for your kitchen? Then, you need to take some time and check the reviews of some of the best brands that you can consider for your next purchase. The best nonstick cookware should be durable, safe, and have great warranty.
The beauty of nonstick cookware lies in the convenience of cleaning and cooking with it. As you already know, food wouldn’t stick so cleaning will be a breeze after cooking. Less oil will also be required in cooking, making it a healthier option than regular cookware. To learn more about nonstick cookware, check out the details below.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
What is Nonstick Cookware
Nonstick cookware allows you to cook food without sticking to the pan. Teflon popularizes the term non-stick to refer to pans coated with polytetrafluoreethylene (PTFE). Due to the health issues linked to PTFE, other safer coatings have been introduced, like ceramic, cast iron, and anodized aluminum.
Since the nonstick coatings are sensitive, clean the cookware with warm water and never use abrasive scrubbers. You can watch how to clean your nonstick pan properly in this video. In cooking, always use wooden or heat-proof spoons.
What to Look for
1. Safe and comfortable handles
The best nonstick cookware should have handles that are safe and comfortable to hold while cooking. A safe handle should stay cool during cooking so you can protect your hands from getting burned. You might possibly notice that cookware use two types of handles- metal and non-metal.
Metal handles may be oven safe to around 500 degrees Fahrenheit but they tend to get hot during cooking. On the other hand, non-metal handles can be oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, but they stay cool during cooking. Most cookware coats their handles with silicone to keep them safe and comfortable.
2. Durable metal construction
The durability of a cookware depends on the material used for its construction. Common materials may include hard anodized aluminum, ceramic, and hard enamel porcelain.
Aluminum is a great heat conductor and cooks food very evenly. However, this may react with acidic foods, like tomatoes, if left uncoated. An aluminum that has been coated is called a hard anodized aluminum, which can be harder than stainless steel.
Ceramic is often white and slightly more durable than Teflon. However, this material tends to diminish fast when used over high heat.
Make sure that you bought ceramic cookware from the United States or Canada because some foreign brands may contain toxic chemicals, like lead. Meanwhile, hard enamel porcelain gives a nice finish to the exterior of your cookware.
To save you the costs of getting another cookware, it’s beneficial to look for a product that offers a warranty. Some brands offer a 10-year limited warranty while others go as far as offering a lifetime limited warranty. Just make sure that you follow the manufacturer’s directions for use so your warranty gets valid.
4. PFOA free
Although nonstick cookware offers a convenience in cleaning because food doesn’t stick to its surface, it may pose a great risk to health, especially if you ingest some of their particles in your body. According to American Cancer Society, PFOA may increase the risk of cancer as shown in the studies of animals and humans. To ensure the safety of pans and pots, make sure that they don’t use Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) as a non-stick coating material.
Our Top Picks
The Vremi Nonstick Cookware Set comes with two saucepans, two dutch ovens with glass lids, two fry pans, and five nonstick cooking utensils. The nonstick pots and pans are oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and free from PFOA and PTFE. The handles are ergonomically designed to be cool to the touch and comfortable.
While the cooking utensils are dishwasher safe, the cookware needs hand washing. You can clean the cookware by washing them with soapy water. Never use abrasive cleaners because they might scratch the nonstick coating.
- Made of high-quality aluminum for even heating
- Great number of pots, pans, lids, and cooking utensils
- Easy to clean
- Handles are comfortable and cool to the touch during cooking
- Not suitable for induction cooking
- Pots and pans seem to warp easily
- The cookware seems to stain very easily
- The cooking utensils are made of cheap plastic that seems to melt easily
The Cook N Home NC-00359 is a 10-piece nonstick ceramic cookware which includes a Dutch oven with lid, casserole with lid, two saucepans with lids, and two fry pans. The ceramic coating is safe because it contains no PFOA, PFOA, cadmium, and lead. This cookware set uses a thick aluminum material to offer super heat conductive ability.
The handle’s anti-slip coating offers comfort and resistance against heat during cooking. The exterior’s red color is easy to clean and resistant to high temperature. I love the tempered glass lids because you can view the food easily while you cook.
- Easy to clean
- The tempered glass lids are durable
- The ceramic coating is safe and nonstick
- Great value for its price
- Can extend the warmth of the food longer
- The ceramic coating may diminish on high heat
- The protruding screws of the two pots’ handles may burn you because they tend to get hot
- The bottom and sides of the pans and pots can get stain easily
- The coils underneath the pan may scratch glass top ranges
The T-fal E5C nonstick cookware set is made of hard anodized aluminum construction for durability. It features a unique Thermo-Spot heat indicator for efficient heating. The interior is made of a hard interior for long-lasting performance.
This 12-piece cookware set includes two sauté pans, two saucepans with lids, one dutch oven with lid, solid spoon, and slotted spatula. All pots and pans are oven-safe to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit. What I love about this product is its lifetime limited warranty which extends your cookware set for many years to come.
- Made of durable hard anodized aluminum
- Features an Anti-Warp base or great warp resistance and even cooking
- Made of comfortable and stay cool riveted silicone handles
- Nice Thermo-Spot technology shows you when the pan is preheated
- Long warranty
- Lifetime limited warranty may be void if cookware is used on high heat
- Not suitable for electric stoves
- The pan coating may peel over time
The Rachel Ray Cucina Nonstick Cookware Set includes two saucepans with lids, one stockpot with lid, two skillets, and one saute pan with lid. This 12-piece cookware set is made with durable aluminum and hard enamel porcelain. The pots and pans are safe because the nonstick coating is free from PFOA.
You can use the pots and pans in the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The stainless steel handles are rubberized to bring comfort and safety during cooking. To extend the life of your cookware set, the manufacturer offers a lifetime limited warranty.
- Nice finish with the hard enameled porcelain exterior
- Comfortable handles
- Good lifetime limited warranty
- The pots are well balanced
- The paint color of the exterior may fade with time
- The pan may melt when used on a glass stovetop
- Steam tends to form on the lid and drips outside the pot
- Some have their pots warped after a couple of months
The Simply Calphalon Cookware Set includes three saucepans with lids, two omelet pans with lids, one stockpot with lid, and one sauté pan with lid. It features a tempered glass lid for easy viewing of food and a stay cool handle to protect your hands from burns during cooking. The pots and pans are made from hard anodized aluminum for durability.
You can bake the cookware in the oven for about 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You can keep the good condition of your cookware by hand wash. A 10-year limited manufacturer warranty is offered to repair any minor defects.
- The handles don’t heat during cooking
- The cookware set is made with durable hard anodized aluminum
- Solid and hefty construction
- Heats quickly
- The nonstick coating on pans may peel after several uses
- May discolor over time
- The nonstick surfaces may scratch easily
- A bit expensive
From out of the five nonstick cookware set reviewed above, the T-fal E765SC 12-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set is the best because it has met all of the features that you should look for. One of the reasons why the Tfal earns this high rating is its durable hard anodized scratch resistant construction material. Other reasons include a comfortable handle, a lifetime limited warranty, and safety from PFOA.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share this article if you like it.